Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Dash Between The Dates

The Dash Between The Dates

I begin my posting with an excerpt from a poem by Linda Ellis that I have recently read:


I read of a man who stood to speak at a funeral of a friend. He referred to the dates on the tombstone from the beginning… to the end.

He noted that first came the date of birth and spoke of the following date with tears, but he said what mattered most of all was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time they spent alive on earth and now only those who loved them know what that little line is worth.

For so many of our descendants, we know little about their "dash," but it is my hope to uncover many of their stories that lie between their dates.

VISIT DONNA'S BLOG, AND READ HER STORIES AS HER RESEARCH UNFOLDS:

THE DASH BETWEEN THE DATES by Donna AnglinToncic

1 comment:

  1. Donna this is a beautiful opening post. I look forward to the future blessings for our readers, friends and family.

    ReplyDelete